Synergy7 Corporation, a sports and science technology company headquartered in Houston, TX has a new opportunity for a Software and Application Developer Internship. We are looking for a candidate that brings strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills, and who understands the role of computer programming in the organization. This is a critical role which will have exposure across the leadership team in a dynamic, fast-growing sports science and technology company.
What your day may look like
- Delivers system solutions by applying an understanding of business and functional processes by consulting with leader, systems analysts, other software developers, and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
- Designs and writes program specifications based on consultations with leader, systems analysts, other software developers, and end users.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises requirements and programs.
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications.
- Reviews user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with program operations.
- Supports integration between various systems and develops and modifies reports.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by leader.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
- Aspiring towards or fully attained bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or related field is preferred.
- Experience with SQL Server databases is preferred.
- Conceptual understanding of framework methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall method as well as SDLC’s is preferred.
Other skills that will help you succeed
- Knowledge of operating systems (UNIX/Linux and/or Windows).
- Development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative).
- Architecture (Cloud, Web Services and/or SOA).
- Scripting and other languages (Shell, Python, node, js, UML, AJAX, JSON, json-Id, XML, HTML, CSS, Arborjs, and/or PERL).
- Experience with web and enterprise technologies such as Spring MVC, JAX-RS, Hibernate, Java Message Service (JMS), jQuery.
- Familiarity with Oracle EBS Suite 12.x and Oracle tools.
- Development tools and services (MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, jBuilder, JDeveloper, Spring Framework, jBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Maven, and/or automated test tools).
- User Interface development tools.
- Configuration Management tools (Serena, Subversion and/or Git).
- Open Source, cloud, and virtualization software and services.
- Familiarity with current Web UI frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular, and/or Ember and web services (REST or SOAP).
- Working knowledge of various programming languages, techniques, and best practices.
- Works independently with limited supervision and also on a team.
- Sets priorities and manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Quickly learns new technologies and develops applications.
Your work environment
The work environment for this position will be primarily remote with occasional travel requirements for team and client meetings. This is a fast paced, self-motivated setting where an entrepreneurial spirit is what helps us win! Our expectation is that you bring your best most authentic self to work every day.
Synergy7 is a special place to be
At Synergy7, we are family. We take care of each other and support each other at work and in each other’s personal lives. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from the leadership and work team. Our motto is “Eat…Sleep…Grind.” Grind in our business, grind in our relationships, and grind with a service centered mindset. We are in a growing business with revolutionary technology that will positively impact a global community and want our customers, employees and partners to thrive as our business grows.